# 25 Jul, 2014 14:15
Want to do something exciting and rewarding? Are you energetic and enthusiastic? Are you interested in working with young people? Do you want to make a positive difference? Do you want to be inspired?
Envision is looking for, dynamic volunteers to help support and inspire 16-19 year olds in schools and colleges in London. The Envision programme aims to challenge the perception that young people are apathetic and disengaged by supporting them to design and implement their own social and environmental projects on issues that are important to them - such as homelessness, climate change, crime, bullying and healthy eating.
We need enthusiastic volunteers who can really help young people to make a positive difference to their community and themselves - by developing their skills, awareness, confidence and motivation.
Envision provides all the training and support you need - all you have to do is give us 2 hours a week between September and April. Sound interesting?
What do Envision Team Mentors do?
• Envision Team Mentors work directly with a team of young people in schools or colleges to support them to make a difference on an issue they care about.
• Use their enthusiasm for working with young people to facilitate weekly meetings with an assigned team at a school or college.
• Motivate and inspire their teams to discuss and debate issues and to turn their ideas into action.
We’re looking for people who:
• Have a keen interest in working with young people.
• Must be enthusiastic and willing to get stuck-in.
• Are confident and can work use their own initiative.
• Can give a commitment to work with their school team from September- April.
• Must be free for two hours each week.
• Must be willing to travel up to forty minutes to get to a school or college.
• Experience of working with 16-19 year olds.
• An interest in social and/or environmental issues.
• Links with organisations and charities.
• Facilitation skills.
• Experience of project or event planning.
What do we offer you?
• On-going support
• Access to training and resources for you and your team
• A host of new friends
• Invites to Envision’s events (always a LOT of fun!)
Want to get involved?
Apply: http://www.envision.org.uk/get-involved/volunteers/sign/ [envision.org.uk]
Watch our video:
“It was very rewarding to see what they could achieve in such a short space of time and to be part of the whole process. I developed my knowledge of environmental issues, social issues and more pressingly, the issues faced by young people in 21st century."
Daniel Smith, Envision volunteer
# 31 Jul, 2014 15:41
|Hi folks! In case you haven’t seen it yet, we’ve featured you in the Project Dirt Community News Update today. It would be great if you could let your friends and followers know on Facebook and Twitter - perhaps something along the lines of “We've been featured in this week's @projectdirt newsletter! Check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/onxcr6e [tinyurl.com]”|
# 20 Aug, 2016 11:00
Hi Harriet - thanks for posting this volunteering opportunity on our Forum last year.
We're about to switch off this Forum section next week to focus attention completely on the Volunteering tab, so if you have this or other live volunteering opportunities, please add them directly to our custom volunteering tool. You will need to do this from a project page that you are an administrator of.
You can see further details on how to do add a volunteering opportunity here:
, or drop us an email! ([email protected])
Best wishes, Nick