# 14 Jul, 2014 17:54
Loughborough Farm Grow Leaders – Crop planning and growing
Volunteer Role Description
The Loughborough Farm is seeking to appoint volunteer Grow Leaders who can commit to a regular time to help with growing. You will join the crop planning working group to lead/help grow our crops over the coming months and protect them from pest, diseases and weather! Growing experience is desirable, but not essential.
We want to find at least one knowledgeable horticulturalist who can give guidance to other volunteers.
Please read more about the Loughborough Farm on our page http://www.projectdirt.com/project/13084/ [projectdirt.com]
• Enthusiastic and committed people;
• 2-3 hours per week for 2-3 months minimum
• Knowledge of growing vegetables using organic methods – or willingness to learn
• Choosing vegetables to grow over the winter – submit list to Project Coordinator to buy
• Planning – thinking ahead to what needs to be started off and when
• Starting seedlings off in modules
• Keeping records of what is sown and where
• Succession sowing and catch crops
• Protecting plants from pests, diseases and weather using organic methods
• If you would like – help lead volunteer sessions at the Farm.
• the opportunity to grow local food;
• the chance to learn about food growing and gardening;
• a share of the food grown;
• certificate of attendance after 3 months;
• something positive to add to your C.V.;
• free training sessions – when available (priority given to Grow Leaders);
• group feedback sessions – a chance to feedback and discuss your personal
progress and the project.
• age; 16 plus;
• able to give regular time to the project;
• growing experience helpful
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
The Loughborough Junction Action Group (LJAG) is an equal opportunities organisation. We aim to ensure that no volunteer is discriminated against on grounds of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, HIV status, marital status, family status, or trade union membership or non-membership. Discrimination or harassment in any form is unacceptable. LJAG believes that life is positively enriched for all of us by the diversity of individuals in society and that all have a contribution to make.
How to become a Grow Leader?
Please fill in this form. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_FQKAZt08roYbZ9EfiJOdCVeRxVgY2NrAnuj4uLCI4c/viewform?usp=send_form [docs.google.com]
If you sound suitable we will invite you to an informal chat. (Apologies – we will not be able to respond to everyone who applies). For further information you can contact the Loughborough Farm Project Coordinator, Emily Myers by email [email protected]
# 31 Jul, 2014 15:40
|Hi folks! In case you haven’t seen it yet, we’ve featured you in the Project Dirt Community News Update today. It would be great if you could let your friends and followers know on Facebook and Twitter - perhaps something along the lines of “We've been featured in this week's @projectdirt newsletter! Check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/onxcr6e [tinyurl.com]”|
# 20 Aug, 2016 11:00
Hi Loughborough Farm - thanks for posting this volunteering opportunity on our Forum last year.
We're about to switch off this Forum section next week to focus attention completely on the Volunteering tab, so if you have this or other live volunteering opportunities, please add them directly to our custom volunteering tool. You will need to do this from a project page that you are an administrator of.
You can see further details on how to do add a volunteering opportunity here:
, or drop us an email! ([email protected])
Best wishes, Nick